Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
We do not recommend using store bought products. They are moisturizers and do not prevent serious infection. If you choose to use these products and your new tattoo becomes infected, do not blame the tattoo artist.
KEEP IT SIMPLE - Do not constantly clean new tattoo
- Tattoo aftercare should be no different than a Doctor's prescription for a wound.
Covering your New Tattoo
- Thoroughly wash hands before and after caring for your tattoo.
- Only wash tattoo as needed. The first day may require 2 - 3 cleanings. The following days until healed, should only require 1 - 2 cleanings per day.
- Gently remove old balm with warm water and sterile paper towel.
- We do not recommend using soap when cleaning your tattoo. Most soaps are not designed for tattoos (open wounds) and may leave a waxy / oily film that may clog pores and prevent freshly applied tattoo balm from penetrating evenly and deeply into the skin.
- Pat tattoo dry with fresh dry paper towel.
- Apply a thin coat of Mudscupper's Natural Tattoo Balm (Should look wet in appearance.).
- Cover tattoo with non-stick pads. Do not use gauze!
- Repeat until tattoo is completely healed.
- We recommend applying Mudscupper's Natural Tattoo Balm for an additional week after tattoo has healed.
- Covering your new tattoo is especially important to prevent infection.
- Covering your new tattoo is also very important while wearing clothing and during sleep.
- Clothing and bed sheets may wipe off tattoo balm and cause your tattoo to dry out.
- If your tattoo dries out, it may scab. When the scab(s) comes off, they may pull ink out of your tattoo, thus ruining it.
Always consult your tattoo artist with questions and concerns.
- Do not allow others to touch your tattoo while healing.
- Use tongue depressors, gloves, or other sterile applicator to apply tattoo balm.
- Cover tattoo during showers.
- Do not swim in bodies of water such as: rivers, lakes, etc.
- Avoid soaking new tattoo in bath tub, hot tub, swimming pools.
- Protect tattoo from direct sun and tanning beds.
- Avoid drinking and drug usage while your tattoo is healing. These activities severely lower your immune system.
Mudscupper's Natural Tattoo Balm is a first aid ointment. It can be used for a variety of first aid treatments. Use for cuts, scratches, burns, insect bites, rashes, etc.
HEALTH CARE.......PERSONAL CARE.......SPORTS PROTECTANTS.......BODY ART.......FIRST AID