The Truth about Salt / Saline Piercing Solutions
It is very unlikely a doctor would tell you to only use salt or saline solution to treat a wound skin. Doctors suggest cleaning wounds with salt water or saline solution and recommend an anti-bacterial treatment to help prevent infection.
Many piercing sprays are simple salt water solutions with little or no anti-bacterial properties. This gives consumers a false sense of protection.
Our piercing solutions are designed to cleanse and provide all natural anti-bacterial properties to the wound site. Unlike many brands that have salt concentrations of salt (pH >10), ours in neutral to the skin pH 5.5. For many people, a pH above 5.5 will actually burn skin and actually cause many problems: dried cracked skin, redness, flaking, irritation, itchiness, swelling. Then, when customers start touching and scratching their piercing, it opens the door for more serious healing issues and possible infection.
Mudscupper's products are made with two of the world's best all natural ingredients to help prevent adverse issues and possible infection. Australian Tea Tree and East Cape Manuka oils are known worldwide for their amazing benefits.
Tongue / Lip / Cheek
- Use Mudscupper's Natural Oral Spray after meals, snacks, upon waking up and before bedtime.
- After meals and snacks, brush teeth or thoroughly rinse mouth with water.
- Shake bottle before use.
- Spray 3 - 4 times above tongue and 3 - 4 times under the tongue. May use more if desired.
- Swish solution around for 60 seconds.
- Spit out.
- Oral spray neutralizes pH in mouth to prevent growth of harmful bacteria that cause gingivitis and infection. Also helps maintain fresh breath.
- We do not recommend using regular soap or body wash to clean piercing.
- Soaps leave a wax / oily film piercing spray may not be able to penetrate and prolong healing.
- Body Wash also leaves an oily film that may prevent penetration and prolong healing.
- Before exiting shower, thoroughly move jewelry back and fourth under running water to remove soap and shampoo residue.
- Dry piercing with sterile paper towels or Q-Tips.
- Allow piercing to air dry 10 - 15 minutes.
- Shake bottle several times before each use.
- Spray Mudscupper's Natural Piercing Spray directly onto piercing.
- Move jewelry back and forth to work solution into piercing.
- Allow to soak for 60 seconds.
- Spray again and move jewelry back and forth to dislodge and remove small particles trapped inside of piercing.
- Allow excess solution to absorb into skin.
Sports - Activities
- Thoroughly wash hands before and after touching your piercing.
- Apply 1 spray directly onto piercing.
- Move jewelry back and forth several times to work solution into piercing.
- Repeat 3 - 5 times per day.
- Cover your piercing during physical activities where physical contact might cause injury and/or contamination to piercing.
Piercing Bumps - (Keloids, Follicular Cysts and Hypertrophic Scarring, etc.)
- Do not allow others to touch your piercing.
- Do not go into unsafe bodies of water such as lakes and rivers.
- Swimming pools and Spas: Not recommended until piercing is completely healed.
- Do not use regular iodized table salt, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or soaps for cleaning.
- Sexual Activities: Always cover piercing to avoid physical contact with others. Take extreme precaution to make sure body fluids do not contaminate piercing.
Scarification, Branding, Implants and Suspensions
- Getting a small bump next to your piercing is fairly common (Do not blame your Piercer).
- The Manuka Oil in our piercing spray is very effective in preventing piercing bumps from appearing.
- If a piercing bump should appear, try the following:
- Increase the number of times you use the piercing spray throughout the day.
- Start spraying an additional 2 - 3 times per day, wait 3 -4 days to see if there is a noticeable difference.
- If there is no difference, you may increase the number of times of usage.
- Continue until bump has healed.
- If piercing bump does not disappear or shrink, use Mudscupper's BUMP FREE in addition daily cleaning.
- Once in the morning and once at night, apply very small amount of BUMP FREE directly onto bump.
- Allow oil to soak into the skin.
- May take several days to help remove and shrink piercing bump.
- In more severe cases, whereas the bump does not appear to be healing, consult your piercer.
- BUMP FREE is currently the strongest product on the market for removing piercing bumps.
These are time tested general guidelines based on the most successful methods using our products by professional piercers.
- Mudscupper's Natural Piercing Spray is safe and effective for all body modifications.
- Due to the variety of techniques used to perform these type of body modifications, we recommend adhering to instructions outlined by the person performing these procedures.
PIERCING AFTERCARE.......PIERCING INSTRUCTIONS